Well, it took 6 weeks, but I have a new car.Just before Thanksgiving last year Sue dragged me out to a dealership, trying to get me going on getting a new car. I'm really good at delaying the inevitable, however, so I didn't do anything while it was cold out. Finally restarted looking in mid-March. I looked at a couple of VWs and a Hondas, but since we live in Detroit, there's inherent guilt unless you buy an american car. Plus I got an additional $900 off, since we know someone who works for Ford.
So in late March, just before we went out to New Mexico (hmm, I think I was going to blog about that....) the dealer ordered a car like I wanted. Manual Transmission, with a moon roof, and Bluetooth for the phone I don't have yet. I've been driving Alfred for 1/2 a week now, and I'm pretty happy. I think I'll need to get a little cushion for lumbar support, but otherwise it's very nice to have a new car.
Now we just have to fix the van so it's all ready for camping in two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.