Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ta-Dah!!! At Last: Victory at Healthcare.gov

It took 6 months and 7 applications, multiple chat-line and phone conversations with beleaguered h-care.gov employees who couldn't do any better and even a PAPER application with a whiney sort of letter but finally on Wednesday I got the window I wanted instead of the "our verification system is temporarily unavailable" window. LOOKATDAT!
The application for RubĂ©n's insurance finally went through. Now, to pick the actual insurance…

So, two nights later after agonizing over what the heck all that insurance garbage language actually means (or at least implies!) I just went with the "no money out of my pocket" choice which actually means that the government is spending $500 a month for insurance that makes us pay for this and that and the other thing since the deductible is $6350.

Well, all that so we don't have to pay $99 to them in fines (or whatever the amount is I don't remember) and I got it done before the final deadline. Oh, and I feel like such a good American.

Very busy at work but it looks as if there'll be some help for summer. Lucie has a stack of (unopened) envelopes from a ton of colleges and universities on the top of the fridge (the envelopes, not the schools) most of which come from the same zip code, kind of suspicious - direct mail marketing? and she's NOT interested in visiting any of them! Spring break is supposed to be a spring break. Okaaayyy!

Meanwhile SUPER congratulations for Jackson's acceptance to Erlim that is SOOO great!
Hope all is well with the rest of you,
Agelaius



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.