Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Out with the Old, in with the New


Here's Lucie getting rid of the foot-high stack of brochures and letters from all of those colleges and universities. I'm not sure why we kept keeping them - just to see how high it finally stacked up?

She decided on six to apply to almost from the very start and narrowed it down to Webster and Truman pretty soon afterwards. Yet the stuff kept coming - you kind of feel sorry for all these places - hundreds of emails!!! - telling Lucie to apply soon because the deadline is tomorrow, oh we extended that, oh, go ahead we'll give you more time...Yeah, I know it's all automatically generated but it's like the lonely sock you keep, hoping the other one will show up somehow. It's so sad that so many places won't have Lucie as a student! (mother's proud privilege). Or maybe I was just being superstitious until she got accepted...

So, I thought we'd have a ceremonially disposal and Lucie obligingly agreed. Now we can just recycle them as they come in...I filled out the FAFSA for financial aid so she's in the pipeline for that and "we just won't talk about it anymore, right mom?"

lots of love, thanks for a nice holiday - Mama is in great spirits these days - looks much better too, needed those calories I think!
Agelaius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.