![]() |
| that's a high 5: tomatoes & peppers still okay! |
But I persevered.
In the morning I planted up some pots - not buying anything "ready-to-use" this year, only things I started from seed! Some of the winter-sown things I put in pots to get bigger. That project wasn't very successful this year. Then after lunch and a visit with mama, I went ahead and planted my tomatoes and peppers and flowers. I was going to put some bird-netting over the pots to protect it from the marauding squirrels but ran out of steam at 4:00... and I am a bit sore this morning.
So that was my early mother's day gift to myself.
And this morning everything was still okay!
Other news: I'm back at work two days a week. The online store is open 24/7 and Lizzy, Katherine and Alex needed help filling the pick-up and delivery orders. So the asst mgr (who I call dingus) and I both have 2 days on site. I'm doing one day "fulfilling" and one day watering so the mgr who's been doing all the watering, can have a day off. It's a LOT of watering so that was a full day on Friday and I came home pretty tired. The fulfillment part is pretty intense too, filling up boxes with all sorts of stuff.
And there was a line of cars waiting to pick-up their orders!
Lucie says: "What, people think they're going to die if they don't have plants on their front porch?"
Anyway, that's what the future looks like for me, since I've almost gotten all the descriptions for the plants written. R kept saying I should slow down - I was writing for all the plants as they came in each week and the volume was really heavy in the past 2 weeks - lots of herbs, vegetables and annuals since there are a lot of those now. Earlier there were the shipments of trees, shrubs and perennials, which were not as hard since I already had descriptions I could copy from the signs I've made. So the next couple of weeks I'll won't be so frantic at least!
Lucie and Rubén are fine, nothing in their life having changed much. Rubén has had a few jobs, with clients who aren't really practicing social distancing, a little uncomfortably close plus no masks... We are grateful that St. Louis hasn't had a lot of problems, but we don't feel any desire to "go back to normal" as the Republicans say. Rubén was getting frantic after 2 months with no haircut so...
he took the hair clippers to his head for a radical change! Lucie and I are calling him Kanta now, remember the little boy in My Neighbor Totoro?
Just finished a fine meal of Chiles Rellenos - as Sebastiano* says "Mamy, today is Mother's Day so you pick out your favorite meal...and then you make it!"
![]() |
| Lion Mama & Kits Graph |
Lastly, have you been seeing these graphs everywhere you look? I mean, everything turning into a statistic? Or as it happened to me, trying to make sense of it and I kept thinking, it just looks like the Chrysler building. It's starting to not register anymore.
Still we'll do our part to flatten it, whatever it turns out to be.
love,
Agelaius
* niece Gaby's #4 boy





> Lucie says: "What, people think they're going to die if they don't have plants on their front porch?"
ReplyDeleteI have been hoarding spider plants against just such an eventuality.