Dear Family:
When I sent out the notice to the Bender cousins, I did not add your names because I figured you already knew about mama. However, I did not anticipate the kind and loving responses I would get. So, I am copying and pasting the messages from our cousins with their impressions of mama.
Tappmeyers:
I am so sad. Gimi and all, your mother was such a special lady and I
have so enjoyed my correspondece with her these last few years. And
what a memory!! She knew everone's name and situation and I have been
so impressed with the way she kept up with everyone.
Our prayers are with your family and we would love to hear of any
services you plan. Thank you for the information and our love to you,
Edi and Harold
Condolences to all the Hoyer family and all of us as well. Aunt Kathy
was one of a kind, and I mean that in the best possible way. I was
always proud to have a performing aunt and tell of her accomplishments.
Her mind/memory was to be envied. She told many
stories on young Cissy which I treasure. We are so fortunate to have
parents like that. I pray that we can be a similar blessing to the ones
that come after us. The heavenly choir will sound especially good from
now on. Ellen Reynolds
Big Kathie was a treasure. As my trout-fishing father would say, "A
keeper." I have a feeling she is now ripping on the keys in Gloryland.
And maybe talking politics.
Our deepest sympathies to you and the family.
Mark & Linda Tappmeyer
Aunt Kathy was such a joy and a legend! What an amazing legacy she has
left for the whole family. She was such a truly special and unique lady.
And now her voice has been added to the heavenly choir! Thank you,
Jesus, for letting us have Aunt Kathy with us for so long. Alice Bones
Hammonds:
Dear Gillean,
Our deep condolences to you and your family, and to the entire
Bender clan that knew and loved her.
My earliest childhood memories of your mom—on the farm, of
course—are of somebody who was always bright, cheerful, easy to
laugh, optimistic, and vitally interested in the people around her
and in the world in general.
I have no doubt these qualities were a factor in her long and
active life, and that they're equally present in her own children.
"A life well-lived" only begins to describe Aunt Kathy.
Love,
Don & Linda
Gimi (I can’t call you anything else!),
I am so sorry to hear this! She was so smart, so caring, so no nonsense!
Please do let us know about memorial arrangements.
May her memory be a blessing to us all!
Love,
Gail
S. Benders:
Dear Gimi and your family,
Your Mom was a powerhouse and a dynamic example of living the possible. I
loved her stories. She embodied the creativity of music, demonstrated
her willingness to love life with a full heart and keep track of us all,
including my granddaughter Lilly.
I am grateful for the recent Zoom session for her birthday. I have a fresh memory of her wit and determination, as well as
her handwritten cards at Christmas.
Love to you all,
Cindy (Cinny) Bender Roundtree
PS I will forward your letter to my kids.
Dear Gillean/Gimi and family,
I would like to join Gail in thanking you for letting us know. I
have long admired your mother for seemingly countless reasons and very
grateful for our recent Zoom call, where we were able to connect with
her and many of the family members on
this list. I am relieved that she passed peacefully and grateful to
have known her.
Love
Holly
Dear Gimi:
Thank you for your email yesterday. We all
morn the loss of your Mother and my beloved sister. Jeff had called me
yesterday with the news.
I waited until today
to respond to your email so that I could first talk to my family. We
talked about your Mother’s wonderful life and her influence on the rest
of us. She had this wonderful memory of all of our families and her
interest in all of us was very inspiring.
The
example that I use in this regard was her ability to name each of sister
Marian's 22 great grandkids including their middle names. Now that was
remarkable. This example was only one of the many feats of memory and
interest in family that I could name.
She was
also very current on world events and had some very strong opinions
about our various leaders. Also impressive was her faith and interest
and support of her church.
My memories also go
back to our growing up days and the fun times we had in between the hard
work involved keeping things operating on the farm. Your Mother never
really liked living on the farm but accepted her role in the family
without complaining.
I could go on and on but
will finish with my memories of falling asleep at night with your Mother
practicing on the piano. My bedroom was in the room next to the piano
and my ears were filled with Bach, Beethoven and Mozart as I dozed off
to sleep. To this day these are my favorites compared to modern
composers.
My condolences to my Hoyer nieces
and nephew and their spouses. You had a wonderful Mother and it is now
time to celebrate her life.
Love to all of you.
Uncle Pete
P.S.
Kathie always claimed that she was the one that gave me the nickname,
Pete. Like many other things she was undoubtedly correct.
My heartfelt sympathies to the Hoyer family. What an incredible lady.
Her memories of the farm and the people are especially meaningful to me
living on the original family property. i enjoyed corresponding with
her and visiting with her on her 100th birthday. we are all remembering
and celebrating her life. much love to all, john and diane
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.