Sunday, April 10, 2022

Our Spring So Far


Here's our pin oak November 8, 2021...

when it was contracted to be cut down, and even though I bugged them they didn't get back to us until 5 months later and they finally arrived March 27, 2022.
Of course it had been raining and was continuing to rain so after cutting down the cherry tree, they only started on the oak and parked their machine so it could sink into the swamp of our back yard.


returning the next day to cut it down.
and then after a week to grind down the stump which left this huge pile of wood chips covering my already stomped down and inundated shade garden.

last weekend it was warm so I was able to clean up the front garden and start on the massive pile so I could eventually uncover the plants that had been next to the tree, but only got this far. This week has been wet, cold, rainy and actually snowing! Every time I come home from work I avert my eyes! Today is Palm Sunday and even though it's supposed to get to 70* I have to show up for my PSR students at early Mass so no gardening until tomorrow and it'll probably start raining again. Feeling kind of pessimistic? Yup.
anyway, love Agelaius (that's what the garden looked like this time last year...😢)








 

2 comments:

  1. We have a tree growing larger each year next to our garage -- a messy cottonwood that needs to come down. We need to replace the fence between our house and the crazy Romanians that have a horribly messy backyard. A rusting barrel of sand is pouring onto our path thru the broken fence. OK -- you survived chopping down the tree, I guess we can too!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.