Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sign of the Times



I'm working a regular schedule now and it's now hot and humid, so I need at least a mask a day. R wanted some more too so I raided the scrap pile and made a few more. I still haven't bought any elastic (or wine glasses btw) so I'm using up a ton of seam tape that Lucie got in a yard sale bundle.

Just finished my second plant biology class - 100%! and feeling good about that. I'm going to use it for one of the Bowood journal entries I do (yeah, we don't call it a blog...) but I don't think it will "enhance my job opportunities" as promised by Coursera. Nevermind, I am intrinsically motivated - can you see I've learned a bit from my Science of Well-Being course as well?

R is ploughing through the course on medieval calligraphy from the University of Madrid, and taking a detour to do another drawing class - Sacred Geometry, which happily isn't as mumbo-jumbo as it sounds.

Lucie and I are reading our way through Amelia Peabody mysteries (thanks, Geoff!) and enjoying some movies - Murder Mystery and The Personal Life of David Copperfield were both winners and I can't remember if I told you we loved The Grand Budapest Hotel and now I'm following Accidentally Wes Anderson on instagram. "what fun!" as Miranda's mother always says...

Work is actually very boring now (happily so) because all I do is water until 1:00 lunch, then writing afterwards. No more appointments so I can interact w/customers a little less. Some are non-maskers but most are pretty compliant, though I find myself backing away a lot of times - I realize habits are hard to break, but a mask doesn't take the place of the 6 feet.

I've never watched Pulp Fiction (won't ever) but it's my friend Ande's favorite and they told me about this dance when I was singing along to Chuck Berry "C'est la vie" so here's a picture I found for them:


and then I made this one into a poster to hang in the Nursery office - it's from Maggie Rudy who makes Mouseland (@maggiemice)

I guess since I've finished my class I'll have to do some gardening - "coals to Newcastle" as Mama says.
At least we had a heavy rain yesterday so it shouldn't be too hard to do the weeding. I hope.
love,
Agelaius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.