Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Catching a stationary chicken

It's more difficult than you would think! Well, if you think, it's more difficult. When I just followed the directions, it worked just fine. Sort of like knitting patterns. I hope you all have been logging on to Sally's website. She's doing a great job of keeping us informed - although it seems to be mostly about shopping and cooking. Still, when you first have to take care of your own meals it seems as if you spend an inordinate amount of time on those two activities.

The happy news of the day is that Rick is still employed. BP announced another round of layoffs and, for the first time, Rick was a little worried about keeping his job. First they announced that there would be a 30% reduction in research staff. Then they announced that the research facility in England didn't count in the reduction, only in the total number of jobs. So, with 300 employees altogether, reducing 140 jobs was really a 50% reduction at Naperville. They also said that all the PX projects would be finished out by June. Rick's project really is commercial now, but that wouldn't help employment. Fortunately, he's been offered a job in PTA. (Parathalic acid, for those of you keeping score.) As he's been saying lately, seven more years and then I can retire!

Dan is leaning very much towards going to school in Daytona Beach. I think the weather has a lot to do with that. He and Rick are going to visit the school in March. I arranged for them to fly down (frequent flyer miles), stay in a hotel for two nights (Holiday Inn reward points) and rent a car (Holiday Inn reward points) so the whole trip only cost about $20. I figure we need to get some reward for all that traveling he's had to do. Besides the fabulous truffles he brought home from Belgium for me for Valentine's Day.

OK. So we've now all made our contributions - except Karen. Do you suppose she did what I almost did and just chucked the Spherical Chicken as spam?

Love,

Gill

3 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying Sally's Blog -- so I added it there on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And does Sally have a link to this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that brings up a question. Should we permit the blog to be public? Currently anyone who finds this address can view the blog. If we want to we can limit who can see it, but then everyone we want to see it has to have a google account.
    Also, are there any other people who we should add to the authors list?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.