Four projects have been keeping me busy and this one is done: a 6ft. white rabbit to raffle off as a fundraiser for Edison. Jackson's class is presenting "Harvey" on March 23 & 24th. I've been helping with rehearsals which is REALLY fun, especially the kissing scenes. Jackson plays Dr. Chumley, head of the sanatorium -- we borrowed a pipe from Daddy when we were in St. Louis. Dr. Chumley dreams of drinking beer in Akron, OH with a girl who doesn't talk, just listens. Great speech.
The other projects:
1. Creating a superhero costume & mini comic book for a Clown Care party. "Slip Girl: lingerie changed her life!" Superpowers: she can slip in and out without being seen, say anything mean it just slips off of her (that's one I'd like to cultivate). The costume was great (a bunch of slips from the thrift store) but the party was a dud. I'm thinking of creating a "Slip Girl" graphic novel...
2. Making a papier mache shadow box for text & origami cranes created by the 8th graders for an art auction. Project inspired by "Sadako & the 1000 Cranes" which they performed in 4th grade. The project is about 1/3 done...
3. Updating my Dr. Dot costume to be ready for the 1st day of our new hospital gig at Children's Memorial. Oh, and xeroxing about 100 copies of a drawing I made of our Clown Care team so I can hand them out as good bye presents on our LAST day at Comer.
4. Putting together movies of Theatre Zarko's latest show (on YouTube!) and starting rehearsals on their spring "family show" -- I can't wait!
Besides projects: surviving Gigi's worries over ISATS (they turned out to be easier than she thought they'd be) and chewing my nails over which H.S. Jackson will go to next year. On Monday we are "shadowing" at two different schools...
xxx Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.