Seems like winter is finally giving up. We had a wonderful weekend, and the sun was out all the time. So nice. I'm sure I'll be hearing all the Michiganders complain about the heat in no time.On Friday night we went to see Rodrigo y Gabriela (acoustic metal band), which was a really fun time, and then on Saturday we went to the Troy nature center, where Alex is a "Junior Naturalist" and walked through their tour of Maple Sugaring. It was nice warm day, and the sugar shack was really hot where they were evaporating the maple sap. Alex seemed to have a nice time, and then after lunch we stopped at REI where they have a climbing wall. Had to wait for a while, but Alex got to climb eventually (and I resisted buying a rain jacket). He climbs very well, no fear and quite capable. And on Sunday, Aunt Nora came over to spend time with Alex and we went out to hike as Cranbrook, (rich alternative school), which has some marvelous grounds to walk around in, with sculpture (buried in the snow), and lots of muddy construction. But it was really nice to spend time outside. And then Sue went as absorbed the Oscars, and ran off screaming in horror.
And only 3 weeks till we take off to New Mexico for a week. Alex's spring break coincides with the day that they open up the Trinity site, so I'll be going there while Sue and Alex avoid the radioactivity. We have a good friend who has moved to Sante Fe, so we'll be spending time in the north part of the state, where I've not been.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.