(sorry that this is a repeat from instagram, I didn't take as many [good] pictures as I thought)
![]() |
| "my young adult novel" i.e. the red solo cups for underage drinking are here protecting my tender transplants! |
It was good to leave the computer screen and go out for a 1st of April attack on the vegetable garden. It's actually much smaller than any other year since I've replaced the center squares with flowering perennials. R is expecting we'll have to have the big pin oak cut down 😪 I think those weird moth bugs that make the cankers have weakened it to the point of no return. It isn't happening to all the oaks, but I've seen some others in the same state... So it might get sunnier there, but alas for the hostas and ferns, that are just emerging:
![]() |
| hard to believe this is going to be the gigantic Empress Wu! |
![]() |
| I love how they are so tooobular! |
So getting the Swiss chard, chicory, minutina, lettuce transplanted and seeds sown of chervil, radish and peas took a couple days and then yesterday I tackled the shade garden. I knew it would get rainy and our backyard gets very swampy so I started the wake-up there. I only got about a third of it done but R has promised to sharpen the shears so I can cut down the liriope.
![]() |
| you have to lie down to take a picture of the hellebores |
Today it's too chilly and I read the morning away with R dozing as my pillow. I finished the other masks with binding because I don't have enough thin elastic. Let me know if you want me to make some for you!
love Agelaius
![]() |
| do you recognize this material? curtains from Villa Park. NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY! |






Stylish!
ReplyDeleteAnd the garden looks nice. We had frost yesterday morning, and hail and heavy rain this morning.
Red Solo Cups = Underage Drinking??? I always thought that was classic college keg party.
ReplyDeletePS. I DO remember that fabric!
ReplyDelete